Home > No Way & Refinance

No Way & Refinance

May 12th, 2020 at 03:05 pm

I had hoped/planned on paying off the first medical debt in June. There is no way. So far this month I have made only minimum payments. I have another $150 set aside but I feel like I need to hang onto that until I make sure I have enough for next month's minimum payment.

With husband working no overtime and my hours minimal at my second job we have no extra to go around.

Hopefully Covid will get better and the overtime will pick back up in time for us to save for vacation and pay off our debts by the end of the year. Thankfully the debts don't have to be paid by then, but it would certainly be nice.

I have submitted all the documents to refinance our house. Currently we are quoted a rate of 2.875% but it could go up or down a bit before we are locked in. With our current rate being 4.75% this is a significant savings and should drop our payment by about $100. We will probably continue paying the same on the loan to knock some years off once we are debt free.

We are also going to try to get about $5,000 extra out to regrade the yard. Everything is still messed up from our new basement/addition and we need to bury our gutter lines to run the water away from the house. There are some trees about to fall that need cut out as well. After that is done we can reseed the yard, plant new trees, and put in some landscaping finally. Right now we have lots of standing water (we have cattails growing in our yard it is that wet! lol) and a several dirt piles. This is a project that is long overdue but we had to complete and pay off the waterproofing first.

The final puppy I need to get rid of has a leg problem that we can't figure out and I don't feel right selling him until he gets better. Spent about $300 yesterday at the vet and he is on 6 pills a day currently for 6 weeks, trying a little bit of everything to see if it helps.

Also have 3 cats and a dog due for their 3 year shots. Ew. That will be several hundred dollars.

Baby goats are due any day which is good and I have a few of the adults sold next month so I will save that money back for winter feed.

I did save up and do some significant renovations on the barn the last couple weeks. It was a project I've been wanting to do for several years, so having it finally complete is nice. Still have several other outdoor projects on the list. But they will have to wait until I get more money put back.

3 Responses to “No Way & Refinance”

  1. rob62521 Says:

    That's a big savings if you can lock in that lower rate.

    Hope the puppy gets better.

  2. LivingAlmostLarge Says:

    Nice savings on the rate. What is wrong with the puppy's leg? What sort of puppy?

  3. klarose Says:

    It's a livestock dog puppy so over a hundred pounds. The vet says he has "growing pains" which is fairly common in large breed puppies but I'm not so sure that it is. He has been limping on one leg for over 4 months now with no improvement. Usually it would fix it's self by now in my opinion. Can't find any fractures or torn muscles/tendons.

    So he is on asprin, joint supplements, and an antibiotic just in case it is Lyme disease but since it started in the winter that is unlikely. Vet said about the only other thing would be a rare bone disease but that entails a bone marrow biopsy which I'm not sure I'm willing to do. The puppy is happy, doesn't act like it really bothers hims, and can still run. But he walks with a limp, so weird!

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]